Saturday, 20 March 2021
La Charte 18-XXI
- On 24 March and 7 April 2021, the Teatro della Pergola in Florence hosts the composer and conductor Stefano Mainetti as part of the Maps for a New World review, a program of meetings provided for by Charte 18-XXI.
- An ensemble of artists, scientists and philosophers brought together by Emmanuel Demarcy-Mota, stage director of the Théâtre de la Ville-Paris, launches the Charter 18-XXI, with the aim of promoting international theater through the realization of theatrical performances with young people and for the young people. The Teatro della Pergola is the main promoter and many Italian personalities have joined the project with enthusiasm, including the neurobiologist Stefano Mancuso, the rector of the University of Florence Luigi Dei, the president of the Academy of Fine Arts Carlo Sisi and the composer Stefano Mainetti.
- The Teatro La Pergola in Florence is a partner in this project of the Teatro de la Ville in Paris. An international collaboration that leads to a Theater for Europe and the world, with the aim of promoting a new working method and a comparison never experienced before in the world of theater.
- This Manifesto, presented in Florence on 11 October 2019, represents the first step is the alliance with the Théâtre de la Ville in Paris.
- Charte 18 XXI is organized around four fundamental themes: art, environment, science and education, on which all the activities related to it are based. The goal is to create a bridge, a dialogue, a connection between the different disciplines, between towns and cities but also between the twentieth and twenty-first centuries, between generations.
- Demonstrating the desire shared by various cultural personalities to create a new space for discussion and dialogue productions from all over the world participate in the project, including: Théâtre de la Ville (Paris), Teatro La Pergola (Florence), São Luiz Teatro Municipal (Lisbonne), Théâtre National de Kaohsiung (Taiwan), Festival Intenational de Sibiu (Roumanie), Teatre Lliure (Barcelone), UCLA University of California (Los Angeles), Institut Pierre-Gilles De Gennes (Paris), Association Prévenance l ‘ ANRAT, the Académie de Paris.
- Charte 18-XXI is an invitation to dialogue between generations.
- A bridge between the 20th and 21st centuries.
- A bridge between cultures, arts, sciences, education and the environment.
- A bridge between places, cities, countries.
- Charter 18-XXI is an invitation to imagine and implement projects for young people around the world of the 21st century.